The benefits coconuts can provide is never-ending. Imagine having the chance to use the benefits of this miracle fruit, it is such a good feeling! Also, it is an honor to be amazed by how even the simplest component of coconuts can be used in many different ways; say for example for the coconut oil, which boasts quite a lot of health benefits which are applicable to almost every part of the body.
Since the coconut oil is already pretty famous among us, we are already well aware of the benefits it can give for the hair; which is one of its top uses. It can be used as a treatment for hair issues and for developing the beauty of the hair more. Even if the hair benefits of coconut oil itself is already very impressive, it is also important to be aware of other significant benefits of the oil, just like by how it can be used for the greater good of our health.
Introduction to Coconut Oil
The amazing and beneficial profile of coconut oil have already been established by almost 2,000 studies by this time, and there are still a lot more that researchers are trying to study.
Coconut oil is said to contain 3 amazing components that give it a beneficial boost:
1. Capric Acid
Coconut oil is rich in the medium-chain fatty acid called capric acid. The capric acid is said to be beneficial specifically to lactating mothers, especially when it works with the other medium-chain fatty acids present in coconut oil. Also, the capric acid is packed with antiviral and antibacterial properties which the body uses in ridding of the viruses and bacteria that are possibly gonna cause harm. It can also provide the body with additional energy, which can particularly aid in more efficient exercises and workouts.
2. Caprylic Acid
Aside from being antiviral and antibacterial, the caprylic acid can also work against fungi and in certain inflammations. When combined with capric acid and the other medium-chain fatty acid called lauric acid, the caprylic acid is said to take effect like that of a powerhouse. Even by caprylic acid itself, it can already provide a lot of benefits. For one, it was tested as an effective treatment for Candida; which is yeast infection that takes place in the gut. More health conditions that may be treated by caprylic acid are: other yeast infections, skin infections like acne, oral infections, STDs, and even inflammatory digestive disorders.
3. Lauric Acid
Last but not least is the equally impressive medium-chain fatty acid called lauric acid.
It was hard for researchers to prove how lauric acid provides health benefits by itself, this is due to the amount of content that the coconut oil has. There may also be instances where the combination of one or two components is needed to produce better and effective substances that perform specific roles rather than their own individual selves. However, there are studies that were conducted which have given possibilities that the lauric acid may be helpful in terms of losing weight and in protecting against the risks of Alzheimer’s disease.
Health Benefits of Coconut Oil
The benefits of coconut oil are not only limited to its effectiveness for a person’s hair. Before it became famous as a hair product, coconut oil also provided many health benefits for humans who use it.
- Natural remedy against Alzheimer’s disease
- Helps avoid high blood pressure; which can lead to heart disease
- Treatment for kidney infections such as urinary tract infection
- Protects the liver from harmful substances
- Minimize inflammation and help manage arthritis
- May also help in preventing the risk of getting cancer
- Boosts the immune system of the body
- Improves brain function and enhance memory retention
- Provide necessary amounts of energy of increased and improved body endurance
More Benefits of Coconut Oil
- Digestive issues may be resolved by coconut oil and it is also capable of reducing the formation of ulcers.
- It can relieve the different symptoms a person with pancreatitis and gallbladder disease encounters.
- The coconut oil is good for the skin; even as a remedy for most skin problems.
- Gum diseases, tooth decay, and other oral issues can be fought off by the oil.
- The oil can help the person avoid getting osteoporosis.
- It can work as an additional treatment for cases of type 2 diabetes.
- Coconut oil promotes health and weight loss.
- It can provide assistance in the muscle building of the body.
- The oil promotes a healthy hormone balance.
- Candida and other yeast infections may be treated by using the oil.
- Those who intend to be younger-looking can use the oil as an anti-aging regimen.
- Most importantly, coconut oil provides many benefits in its usage for hair care.
Benefits to Enjoy by Using Coconut Oil for Hair
Who doesn’t like a product that does not only benefit in terms of health but can also be used for beauty and wellness? Literally no one! That’s why we all love how coconut oil is considered as a beauty remedy.
Coconut oil is effective as a great and all-natural moisturizer for the hair.
By now, there are already many hair conditioners that are made of 100% coconut oil, or if not they still contain some amount of the oil as an ingredient. This means the hype regarding the moisturizing benefits of coconut oil is acknowledged even by hair experts.
Use oil to promote healthy hair growth.
People who have been experiencing thinning hair as they get older (or even those that are not) love giving testimonies on how the coconut oil works in enhancing the growth of their hair. Also, the growing hair will be a lot healthier since it has been used by coconut oil even before it fully grows.
Get rid of your dandruff by using coconut oil.
The long-time use of coconut oil to rid the hair of dandruff is a basic proof of how it is effective in that field. Moreover, one of the main causes of dandruff is dryness of the skin (scalp) and fungal infections; this is where the oil unleashes its antifungal and moisturizing properties.
You can treat your hair damage with the use of coconut oil.
The lauric acid that the oil contains helps a lot in treating hair damage and even in maintaining undamaged hair. It also provides hair with enough nutrients to avoid cases of lost protein.
The oil can be used for styling purposes.
Compared to those usual hair products that people use to style their hair, coconut oil is indeed a better alternative. What more can you ask for? It is natural and full of benefits! Even a little dab of the oil can give the hair a healthy looking and beautiful shine.
Coconut oil can be used to prevent and fight off hair lice.
One of the worst things that can happen to your hair is to get pests living in there while you feel the itch and uneasiness, how uncomfortable. Fortunately, they have developed the purpose of coconut oil as a treatment for lice; they combined the oil with other natural products such as anise spray.