Is there a natural cure for breast cancer stage 4? No, there isn’t. But natural remedies like dietary management and exercise can be of great help. Truth is a lot of factors that come into play when it comes to the outlook of breast cancer. These factors will determine the quality of your life, as well as the chances of your survival. One of these factors is the stage at which the doctor diagnosed you with cancer. Essential, different cancer stages behave very differently. The higher the stage, the more aggressive cancer will be. And as the stage progresses, the treatment options narrow down. You can then imagine the outlook of stage 4 breast cancer, which is the most advanced stage. This is the stage where cancer begins to spread from the heart to other parts of the body.
Anyways, there are higher chances of surviving stage 4 breast cancer when the cancer cells have not spread too far. If the spread is still limited to the bones, you still have a better outlook. But then, the outlook becomes dim when the cancer cells invade your lungs. That’s why it is always better to seek immediate treatment if you have cancer. You should not rely on any form of natural cure. While a few changes in your lifestyle choices can give you a better outlook, you should get proper medical treatment. The treatment usually includes chemotherapy, hormone therapy, and/or surgery.
Is Diet A Natural Cure For Breast Cancer Stage 4?
Managing your diet is not a cure for breast cancer stage 4. But then, the kinds of food you eat can go a long way in determining the outlook. Essentially, you should be eating foods that can help boost your immune system. Such foods will contain adequate nutrients to support the growth of immune cells in your body.
We will give you some tips on how to plan your meals towards boosting your immunity.
- Rather than large meals, put for smaller meals multiple times in the day. This would reduce the incidences of nausea. It will also help sustain your energy.
- Add sources of lean protein to your meals. Your body needs protein to repair damaged cells and tissues. Examples of such foods include eggs, chicken, low-fat dairy, soy foods, nuts, and beans.
- Choose varieties of veggies and fruits each day. The nutrient profile of these colorful veggies and fruits can provide antioxidants to boost your immune function.
- Make sure you stay hydrated. Drink a minimum of 64 Oz. water daily. This will help prevent dehydration.
- Have high-calorie foods around. This is for those days that your appetite is messed up. You may not have the appetite to eat as much. Examples of high-calorie foods are milkshakes, supplement drinks, crackers, smoothies, nut butter, etc.
- You can even get a nutritionist and dietician to help you create a diet plan. The plan will be custom-made to meet your individual dietary and nutritional needs.
Meanwhile, there may be days when you experience strong nausea. A few nutritional steps may save the day. They are as follows:
- Get beverages or foods that have ginger in them. Examples include ginger tea or ginger ale.
- Eat reheated foods rather than freshly cooked meals. The odor of freshly cooked meals is usually very strong and may trigger nausea.
- Drink lemon water or lemonade
- Stay hydrated, even at such times that you have no appetite for food.
How About Exercise? Is it Helpful?
Exercise is very vital to your overall state of physical and mental health. However, fatigue is one of the common symptoms that plague those who have breast cancer stage 4. So then, you should plan your workouts for the time when you are most energetic in the day.
The main key here is consistency. It would be better if you do just a little exercise daily than if you work out vigorously once in a while. Don’t have a day of intense activity, then many days of inactivity. It would do you no good.
There are surely some benefits you can get from exercise at stage 4 of breast cancer. But don’t dive into any exercise program except you get your doctor’s approval.
Blood counts would be the most important factor in determining whether you should do exercise or not. There should be no imbalance in certain electrolytes like potassium, sodium, etc. If there is, your doctor would counsel you not to exercise. In such a state, exercising will do more harm than good.
Even if you will exercise, it would be better not to do your exercise in gyms or other public places. Germ exposure in such places may be quite risky.
A major concern with conditions like stage 4 breast cancers is safety. You should avoid any exercise that puts you at risk of being injured, or that may cause bleeding. These are very important considerations in choosing which exercises to do.
Fatigue, for instance, can cause foot numbness and problems with balance. If you experience this, certain exercises may come with the risk of having a hard fall. A good example of such exercises is using a treadmill. Avoid such and ride a stationed bicycle instead.
There is no direct link whatsoever between doing regular exercise and surviving breast cancer stage 4. However, regular exercise has many benefits for your overall well being.
Go For Professional Treatment
Any form of cancer at all requires professional treatment. How much more an advanced stage? You should, therefore, get the services of an oncologist if you have breast cancer at stage 4. This oncologist will help develop a treatment plan for your condition.
An oncologist refers to a specialist doctor in the area of treating cancer. The healthcare plan of an oncologist usually involves stopping the tumor from growing bigger and spreading further. But at stage 4, the goal would be to treat the different areas that cancer cells have spread to.
You now see why you cannot rely on a natural cure for breast cancer stage 4. Some natural remedies may indeed improve your condition’s outlook. But the definitive cure involves medical treatment.