Stretch marks are most common to be seen on the inner thighs. Most especially if they get too visible, then they are something that you would definitely want to consider ways to get rid of them. This may even involve laser removal.
Stretch marks are colored streaks that usually appear commonly in women. But regardless of the sex, anyone could get stretch marks. These streaks are commonly caused by weight gain most especially if the skin got too stretched. These marks may also be due to rapid skin growth.
Since the skin being the largest organ of the body, stretch marks may appear anywhere. But some individuals often complain about stretch marks being too exposed on the inner thighs. Even though annoying and they’re making you uncomfortable, stretch marks are not life-threatening.
These marks may vary in color – they could either be red, pink, white, or silver-ish. Some say that red stretch marks can still be treated to make them less visible.
What Causes Stretch Marks?
The skin is an elastic living organ. There are layers underneath the epidermis that are composed of connective tissues and fibers that may be stretched when. When these connective fibers get stretched too far, it could tear the skin which then results to the marks. Stretch marks occur naturally on the inner thighs, however, it may appear anywhere in the body.
If stretch marks appear, they may be red or purple because of the blood vessels that could be seen from the outer layer of the skin. But over time, these marks could turn into white or silver streaks which are said to be more difficult to treat.
Since stretch marks occur naturally, there are instances wherein medications could also be the reasons why.
The common causes of stretch marks include the following:
- Weight gain
- Weight lifting
- Muscle gain
- Rapid growth
- Hormonal imbalance
- Corticosteroid creams
- Marfan syndrome
- Cushing’s syndrome
According to some research, stretch marks on the inner thighs are also most likely to develop on pregnant women who are on their third trimester.
Experts also suggest that there are key ways in helping lessen the appearance of stretch marks by trying out several ways such as exercise, taking vitamins, and increasing water intake.
How Do Stretch Marks Look Like?
As mentioned above, stretch marks could vary in color depending on how long they have been in your skin already.
During early stages of stretch marks, these streaks appear as red or purple. The middle layer of the skin also starts to think that’s why the red or purple color is visible since they indicate the blood vessels that become more visible once the layer of the skin has started thinning. At this stage, it would be best to start treating stretch marks right away since stretch marks at these colors are still easier to be treated than those that have aged already.
Over time, stretch marks begin to turn into white or silver streaks. Again, these kinds of marks are now more difficult to treat.
Some individuals also reported itching from the stretch marks since this is the way of the skin to repair itself. Even though this case is a bit rare to take place, it is best to seek advice from a doctor most especially if there are other signs or symptoms that are starting to make you uncomfortable.
What are the Possible Ways to Get Rid of Stretch Marks on Inner Thighs?
Unfortunately, there is no cure for stretch marks. However, there are ways that you can try to make the appearance less visible. Since our skin varies from one skin to another, there are cases wherein stretch marks could just fade over time since the skin got softer which resulted in making the stretch marks less visible.
Some of the possible treatments you may check out are the following:
- Exfoliate – There are a lot of ways on how you can exfoliate your skin. There are also skin care products now that are using high-quality ingredients which could provide your skin a good daily exfoliation. What’s good about exfoliating the skin is that it gets rid of the dead skin cells and at the same time, promotes skin regeneration or circulation. As a result, the stretch marks may appear lighter and softer than before.
- Moisturize – Applying vitamin-rich moisturizer creams or lotions may also help with the appearance of stretch marks. Since our skin is elastic, it needs to be moisturized often to improve the elasticity of the skin.
- Consider topical creams – make sure that you will be using prescribed topical creams since there is skin that is sensitive to some creams. If this happens, other chemical reactions might take place and we don’t want that. So applying topical creams may also help to bring back the elasticity of the skin and as a result, could then lighten up the scars.
- Microdermabrasion – Similar to exfoliation, microdermabrasion is effective in getting rid of the dead skin cells to help replace damaged and dead skin.
- Laser therapy – Thanks to Science, there are now laser treatments that could be conducted to lessen the appearance of stretch marks. However, this procedure may only be more expensive than other treatments.
Stretch marks on the inner thighs are natural. Majority of the people happen to have stretch marks. This appears not only on their inner thighs but even on other areas of the body.
Remember that these stretch marks are not something to be seriously embarrassed of since they are naturally occurring in the body and almost everyone is vulnerable to stretch marks. Even though these marks are making some uncomfortable, keep in mind that they are again, not life-threatening. And with just the proper treatments, these marks may appear less visible.